Industrial ovens are thermal processing machines used for drying, curing, and baking components, and parts. Among the main industries using industrial ovens are pharmaceuticals, food processing and electronics manufacturing. The end result of an industrial oven comes from the changes in a product’s properties that are achieved when heated – they can be dried and cured. In industrial ovens, adhesives can be activated, materials can be fused, heat set and shrunk, preheated, melted, laminated, and thermally bonded.
There are many types and sizes of industrial batch ovens. The size of some ovens is similar to that of a home oven, while others are large enough to walk in to. Some large ovens are equipped with conveyors to heat large amounts of items quickly. Several shelves can be found in larger industrial ovens, to ensure that odd shaped or large parts are heated evenly.
The temperature of industrial ovens can be precisely controlled. In the drying oven, moisture is removed, while the curing oven produces chemical reactions between the coating and the product.
In the same way, an industrial batch oven is also referred to as a walk-in oven. In these industrial batch ovens, materials are inserted in batches that need to undergo the same heat treatment process at different times. It is also useful if the heat-treated material needs to be changed in batches. Batches of materials are placed into the industrial oven on carts, trays, or racks, and this can be done manually making it convenient to switch between batches. In addition to providing a consistent heating environment, industrial batch ovens usually have separate heating and cooling chambers that speed up the process. Some beneficial features and advantages of industrial batch ovens are listed below:
- Industrial batch ovens operate as closed systems. This enables some applications to be isolated and controlled concerning environmental factors. In this manner, an inert atmosphere is created, which is essential to a cleanroom environment.
- The ovens are the best choice for large parts that have unusual shapes. It is possible to design walk-in batch ovens that can accommodate parts as large as a small truck.
- Compared to continuous ovens, industrial batch ovens require less upfront capital investment. Additionally, these ovens require very little maintenance.
- Industrial batch ovens are used for a wide range of industrial applications. They are therefore extremely versatile. Many industries use batch ovens in heat treatment equipment for a variety of vital operations. Therefore, these ovens are extremely versatile and can be used for a variety of functions.
- These are versatile devices that can be used at all stages of production, as mentioned earlier. They can even be utilised during the preparation of raw materials. Batch ovens can be employed during mid-or post production stages as well.
When purchasing an industrial batch oven for manufacturing within your industry, you should also look into a bespoke batch oven designed specifically for your business processes. In addition to gaining all the benefits of an industrial batch oven, this will also significantly improve your business processes, productivity, and outcomes.
No matter your business processes, companies like DRYSYS can work with you to design the perfect industrial batch oven. However, if you aren’t sure if batch ovens are suitable for you, you can also contact the expert team at DRYSYS, who can help you choose the right industrial oven.